Fucking Juggalos, how do they work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fucking Juggalos, how do they work?

Post  SemiOttermatic on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:32 pm

[FAIR WARNING, AMBIEN IS SETTING IN QUICKER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD AS I TYPE THIS SO I SWEAR I HAD AN ACTUAL TOPIC BUT IT MIGHT DERAIL]

So earlier today through various clicking on youtube offerings I came across a "documentary" (I use the quotes because it was less documentary and more just footage cobbled together) about the big "Gathering of the Juggalos" that happens yearly (?)  Whatever it was, it was a hodgepodge of just.... stupidity.

Growing up there were a couple of kids in my schools who were into ICP and that was about my extent of knowledge on this... group? fandom? (lol tumblr) Oh no wait they're officially a gang now, aren't they? (I have a link to an article but as a new member I can't post it looooooooooooool) Anyway, these kids were known as troublemakers and came from bad home situations and clearly found some sort of identification and solace in this, so I felt a bit sorry for them.

Fast forward a few years later to the MySpace days and I become pals with a friend of a friend so of course we exchange myspace profiles and hers is just packed with JUGGALO 4 LYFE and JUGGALETTE BABBEE and FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY stuff like that. I had nooooo idea from the face to face time we spent together that she was into this and since I had very limited info on what it actually was... so I spent a few hours that day looking through things she'd posted and linked about this stuff and the portrait she painted was of people who felt outcast and different embracing the difference in the most brash way possible (the makeup, loud songs, the 90s as fuck fashion that they still wear today) and creating a "family" of outcasts together. So in that moment, having spent a few days hanging out with her, I was like oh, well... this is really weird and kinda dumb but if at the core it's a way for people to find a "family" to belong to then that's ok I guess!

I moved on with life, then a few months later came across some clips of Juggalo events and it... it was...uh... fuck I want to say it was like watching apes rage in a froth of piss and drugs but I like apes more than that. It was drunk, drugged up dumbass behaviour that you can find at any number of musical festivals or fairs or events but... 10000x more. The video I watched today featured an event where 2 already drugged/drunk dudes attempted to each chug a gallon of milk with tequila mixed in. Their incentive was a prize pack. I think it was a t-shirt and a cd. Spoiler alert: one guy realized this was dumb and dangerous as the other chugged for several seconds, puked horribly, then resumed chugging. He was offered a 2nd prize pack if he'd finish off the other contestant's too. SO OF COURSE HE DID IT HURR DURR DALDFSK;J

At the close of the festival or fuckfest or whatever the hell it is they all got together and chanted "family! family! family!" and hugged or whatever and I just.... I cannot make heads or tails of this.

I just don't understand.

Not sure if I want to.
SemiOttermatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fucking Juggalos, how do they work?

Post  Hikaru on Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 am

That kind of thing ISN'T easy to understand.  Suspect Like, I can understand elements of it; the "family of outcasts" thing for certain, at least. I went through an outrageously weeaboo phase where I acted like a complete twat at anime conventions, going out into the surrounding town with a bunch of likeminded people and weirding out "the norms".  No  Very embarrassing to think back on.

The roaring binge-drinking etc, not so much. Maybe it's some kind of "look, we have a social circle we can do this with now, LET'S GO CRAZY" kind of thing?
Hikaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Jane on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:01 am

Yeah, there's got to be various sociological factors at work, both culturally-induced and somewhat hard-wired within the brains of humans as hierarchical/social animals.  Suspect 

NELLE! This is your chance to write the next great pop-science bestseller: Juggalos and Me: What Embarrassingly Rambunctious Social Outcast Groups Can Tell Us About Ourselves. Then you can make a ton of money doing TV appearances and talking about it. :O
Lady Jane
Admin

View user profile http://bathypelagic.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SemiOttermatic on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:32 am

yeah but the book would quickly degenerate into "I DON'T FUCKING GET IT"
SemiOttermatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hikaru on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:14 am

Followed by 300 pages of frustrated key-mashing!
Hikaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulyster on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:33 am

To be fair, random key-mashing is how Twilight was written ¬_¬
Ulyster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Jane on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:56 am

Don't forget Fifty Shades. That made millions!
Lady Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SemiOttermatic on Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:57 am

Ughhhhhh and now the first movie is coming out ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
SemiOttermatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Jane on Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:23 am

BUT IT LOOKS GREAT GUYS

"... I’d like to know more about you."

I don’t get it.  She’s dressed up to give an interview.  She could go skydiving in her free time.  How can you tell by looking at someone what their likes and dislikes are?  Their passions?  Their politics?  This could be the first time in a month she’s gone out in public not wearing goth makeup.  It’d be understandable if she said There’s really not much to know about me, because maybe she feels there isn’t.  Maybe her life story isn’t particularly dramatic, or she’s shy about her hobby basket weaving because people make fun of it.  But Look at me…?  What does that have to do with anything.
(from this Tumblr post)
Lady Jane
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bomaye on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:01 am

Maybe they're both Juggalos
Bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SemiOttermatic on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:45 am

"I see a plain-jane [NO OFFENSE, LULZZZZ] meek woman that I can emotionally abuse until she submits to my physical abuse in the guise of sexual pleasure"
SemiOttermatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top