Fancy-fying the unfancy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fancy-fying the unfancy

Post  SemiOttermatic on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:47 am

I saw this on reddit a few days ago, a person competed with their friend to see who could take a big mac meal from mcdonalds and turn it into a fancy looking dish using only the ingredients contained within the original meal.

I STILL CAN'T POST LINKS =(  it totally isn't imgur.com/a/gHPAd

here's the highlights in a cut >>

Spoiler:

I WANT TO DO THIS.

What's your favorite example of this type of thing? I know Pinterest has warped "upcycling" into something dumb but there's still a lot of cool stuff out there =O
SemiOttermatic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fancy-fying the unfancy

Post  Hikaru on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:58 am

I totally forgot to reply to this, oops.  Embarassed 

I like seeing artwork made with totally ordinary things. Now, I don't mean things like Tracy Emin's "My Bed" (just no), but nice decorative things made of recycled goods.

I like this sculpture, which is on a roundabout near Musselburgh Racecourse:

The Racecourse has a Golf Course in the middle of it, so a golf ball made of old horseshoes works well. :>
Hikaru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady Jane on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:58 am

Hikaru wrote:
I like seeing artwork made with totally ordinary things. Now, I don't mean things like Tracy Emin's "My Bed" (just no), but nice decorative things made of recycled goods.
"Just no"? Smile I can understand a debate surrounding YBAs, but I must say I much prefer Emin to, say, Hirst and wouldn't necessarily lump them together as much as they have a tendency to be. Hirst follows the Duchamp -> [Dali] -> Warhol trajectory and hasn't actually done more than a couple of quite interesting works that offer much beyond the visceral + fame/money-hungry value. Emin at least, I feel, means everything she says. Having said that, I think I heard somewhere that she was a Tory now which may put a dent in my opinion of her.  No But re: the actual artwork, I suppose that's more of a debate of what counts as "art". (I can understand the POV of those who say technical skill should be involved, but does it then follow that Rothko or Pollock are less "true artists" than Titian or Caravaggio?)

....omg, tower of fries.

"Why isn't that soup in a tower? We serve everything in towers."

Lady Jane
Admin

View user profile http://bathypelagic.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: